Friday 21 October 2011

In Control


It's been a while since I put up a proper post - life is steadily getting back to normal after my heart attack. I regularly attend cardiac rehab classes at the hospital where they put you through a rigorous exercise regime that leaves an army boot camp for dead. I guess if they overdo it and push you too hard, you're in the right place.

I'm back into my painting full swing as well, which is wonderful. For a while I lost interest in going out to the studio and really didn't have the energy or the motivation to do much in the way of art. But all that has changed. I am nearly finished a major work and catching up on works that have been on the backburner for a while.

Also, in cahoots with a good friend of mine, we opened a working artist/gallery studio. Opening night was packed, paintings sold and a great time was had by all. Especially my partner. His celebration of a successful opening with nearly 3 bottles of red during the evening ended badly when he was left driving the porcelain bus at 3.00am.

On the home front there have been a couple of incidents worthy of mention. They are as follows:

1.   My partner finally got his drivers license on attempt number 2. 
We won't mention the dramas of attempt number one and the speed limits of school zones and how you need to look when changing lanes. He has now been let loose on society to wreak havoc on unsuspecting motorists.

2.   We no longer sniff when meeting other walkers.
Sniffing has been replaced by a loud chorus of "Bananas in Pyjamas". Most walkers turn the other way and run.

3.   My old dog's last hurrah
My old dog Katie, a small maltese cross, is turning 17 next year. She has decided to come on heat, just to show us she still has a little spark of something left in her.

4.   Rodney has laid another egg.
I don't know what to say about this. Rodney just laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment